[RKS] Kosovo - Kosova - Косово

Plaats om over de Europese snelwegen buiten Nederland, België, Duitsland en Frankrijk te discussiëren.
Discussions on motorways in Europe

Moderator: Moderatoren

GuteFahrt
2x2 autosnelweg
Contacteer:

Re: [RKS] Kosovo - Kosova - Косово

Bericht door GuteFahrt » vr 15 jun 2018, 11:02

Na de 21 km van het knooppunt met de R7 tot Babush en Babush - Ferizaj begint het er nu qua lengte aardig op te lijken wat betreft de R6. Tot nog toe is Prishtina - Doganaj vrij vlot gegaan, maar, zoals op de wegenwiki ook valt te lezen, het deel tot Han i Elezit zal vanwege de bergachtige omstandigheden wel wat meer bouwtijd in beslag nemen.

Kaaiman had er al een opmerking over gemaakt, die nummering is inderdaad wat merkwaardig in Kosovo.
krusefahrer's photostream

"Geloof niet te veel. Verbaas u niet te weinig."

Chris

Bericht door Chris » do 21 jun 2018, 21:35

GuteFahrt schreef: vr 15 jun 2018, 11:02Tot nog toe is Prishtina - Doganaj vrij vlot gegaan, maar, zoals op de wegenwiki ook valt te lezen, het deel tot Han i Elezit zal vanwege de bergachtige omstandigheden wel wat meer bouwtijd in beslag nemen.
Een foto van dat deel:

Afbeelding
4 by Joralemon A., on Flickr

Chris

Bericht door Chris » wo 01 aug 2018, 17:13

^^ stevig viaductwerk. Ik vraag me overigens af waar Kosovo dit van betaalt. De werkloosheid schijnt extreem hoog te zijn / mensen zijn geëmigreerd / economie is deels informeel dus de belastinginkomsten zullen niet erg hoog zijn.

Afbeelding

Kaaiman
Secretaris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kaaiman » wo 01 aug 2018, 19:53

Ook in de Chinese valkuil getrapt, zoals Montenegro?
Deur Drenthe • website over het Drentse provinciaal en rijkswegennet
@DeurDrenthe • volg het Drentse wegennieuws op Mastodon

jelger
expressweg

Bericht door jelger » do 02 aug 2018, 1:17

Even een eerste inventarisatie. Ik zal eerdaags wat verder kijken.

https://europeanwesternbalkans.com/2017 ... ns-kosovo/

Chris

Bericht door Chris » zo 23 sep 2018, 19:42

Bewegwijzering voor de R6:

Afbeelding
IMG_3043 by ssc prishtina, on Flickr

Afbeelding
IMG_3042 by ssc prishtina, on Flickr

Afbeelding
IMG_3054 by ssc prishtina, on Flickr

Willem
2x4 autosnelweg

Bericht door Willem » ma 24 sep 2018, 12:11

Het ovaaltje achter Tirana klopt niet: dat moet AL zijn i.p.v. ALB.

Chris

Bericht door Chris » di 11 dec 2018, 21:33

De R6 in het zuiden van Kosovo is bijna klaar:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Kaaiman
Secretaris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kaaiman » di 11 dec 2018, 23:29

Duur stukje weg! :o

Gebouwd door Chinezen?
Deur Drenthe • website over het Drentse provinciaal en rijkswegennet
@DeurDrenthe • volg het Drentse wegennieuws op Mastodon

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » zo 24 feb 2019, 10:32

Hi, I've joined Wegenforum in the interest of Dutch-speaking road-geeks community. I don't feel comfortable in my Dutch so I hope I won't be a bother with my English :) . You can ask me anything Kosovo, Albania, some Macedonia and Serbia.

About R6, and the viaduct: it's being built by Bechtel Enka, a USA and Turkey consortium and not the Chinese. The Chinese are not involved in any project in Kosovo at the moment, nor in Albania (although they have tried) or Macedonia (as far as I know). I'm partly glad we have managed to avoid them. To be fair, it's not that they have shown particular interest, they know their friends. We've built the motorways without any loan until now. A bit off-topic...

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » zo 24 feb 2019, 10:39

Here's the most recent highway map I've published:

Afbeelding

Jeff
expressweg

Bericht door Jeff » zo 24 feb 2019, 11:27

^^ Hi Ntom,

It isn't an issue here.
I've 2 questions:

1) Could you maybe show some fresh (recent) pictures of the road infra ?
2) Are there open transit route(-s) (given example: Albania -> Kosovo -> North-Macedonia) ?

Coen Tunnel
Voorzitter

Bericht door Coen Tunnel » zo 24 feb 2019, 11:46

^^ Only transit to/from Serbia is problematic. If you want to, you can travel between Montenegro, Albania and North Macedonia via Kosovo. If you're by car, you need to arrange car insurance at the Kosovo border since the European Green Card is not valid in Kosovo.

But, if you would like to drive Podgorica-Pristina-Skopje, or Tirana-Pristina-Skopje, or Tirana-Pristina-Podgorica, or the other way around, that's perfectly possible.

If you travel from Serbia via Kosovo to one of these countries (let's say Nis-Pristina-Tirana), you haven't left Serbia via an official border crossing. This shouldn't be a big problem if you enter Serbia again, although Serbian border guards might cancel any Kosovo stamps in your passport. But if you travel from one of these countries via Kosovo to Serbia (say Skopje-Pristina-Nis) you haven't entered the country in a legal way. Especially the latter is something which can cause problems once you try to leave the country.

I'm planning to go to Kosovo, Montenegro and Albania later this year. :)
Laatst gewijzigd door Coen Tunnel op zo 12 mei 2019, 9:59, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » ma 25 feb 2019, 11:10

Jeff, what Coen Tunnel said is correct, you can transit to/from any of the neighbouring countries, with the exception of Serbia, they will turn you away if you haven't entered previously from another Serbian border. Their loss, I guess.

The governments of Albania and Kosovo have agreed to remove border checks altogether come this April and if works go as planned you will see no borders anymore. Macedonia is very receptive to the idea as well.

BTW, you can now purchase your insurance beforehand online at bks-ks.org and you have the prices there too.

And I will try to post recent pics.

Chris

Bericht door Chris » za 11 mei 2019, 21:28

In het zuiden van Kosovo wordt de R6 aangelegd naar Skopje. Dat is een mooi stuk snelweg door een nauwe vallei.

Wat mij opvalt is dat Kosovo beter in staat lijkt dit soort snelwegen fatsoenlijk aan te leggen dan Roemenië. Het oogt kwalitatief een stuk beter / completer dan die gekkigheden van Roemeense snelwegen.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

waldo79
4x3 autosnelweg

Bericht door waldo79 » zo 12 mei 2019, 0:30

Men krijgt geen hulp van buitenaf?

jelger
expressweg

Bericht door jelger » zo 12 mei 2019, 9:52

Vermoedelijk krijgt Kosovo vanuit de EU External Action paketten meer ondersteuning. Allicht ook bij het inhuren van ingenieurscapaciteit etc. Is vast op te zoeken, zou ik normaal wel doen, maar de hond duwt me naar de deur. ;)

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » zo 12 mei 2019, 19:51

The section from Kaçanik to Hani i Elezit is impressive indeed. The scenery is amazing. Only a couple of days left before we can witness it firsthand.

I want to take the opportunity to explain that, contrary to what many believe, no major road has been funded by the EU. A rundown of some of the major projects from this decade:

R7 was built with € 824 million of taxpayers' money;
R6 is being built with € 608 million + € 53 million in penalties + up to 10% of the original contract on extra works, on taxpayers' money;
R7.1, section to Gjilan, is being built with taxpayers' money;
N2 is being upgraded with loans from Arab funds;
N9 was upgraded with taxpayers' money;
N9.1 is being upgraded with taxpayers' money;
N25 is being upgraded with taxpayers' money;
R102 is being upgraded with taxpayers' money.

Only two smaller projects are being financed by European banks:

R6b towards Pejë is being built with loans from EIB and EBRD, with some taxpayers' money;
R7 towards Merdare is to be financed by European banks, state budget, and possibly 25% from EU IPA funds;
"Dukagjini Motorway", Prizren - Istog, is to be financed by state budget and loans, or a possible PPP.

This being said, please enjoy these two bad quality videos showing the Kaçanik Viaduct. Hopefully, we can have some better quality ones in the coming days.
Link
Link

Coen Tunnel
Voorzitter

Bericht door Coen Tunnel » zo 12 mei 2019, 21:52

ntom schreef: zo 12 mei 2019, 19:51 The section from Kaçanik to Hani i Elezit is impressive indeed. The scenery is amazing. Only a couple of days left before we can witness it firsthand.
Will the whole section between Doganaj and Han I Elezit be opened this year? Is it really just a matter of a couple of days?

I'm planning to go to Kosovo in September, if the R6 is opened around that time I want to drive it. :)

Vegi
verkeersader

Bericht door Vegi » zo 12 mei 2019, 23:21

Als dit klopt, vraag ik mij af wat de regering dan met de rest van het geld doet.
De regering heeft (claimen ze zelf: https://tradingeconomics.com/kosovo/government-revenues) nog geen 2 miljard euro aan inkomsten per jaar ...

jelger
expressweg

Bericht door jelger » ma 13 mei 2019, 0:20

Kosovo krijgt flinke donorgelden uit de EU en VS (USAID). De EU gelden uit het IPA-II programma bedragen zo'n 700 miljoen voor 2014-2020. Is vooral bedoeld voor rechtstaat ontwikkeling (maar ook capacity development, UNDP zaken) maar voor zover deze donorgelden niet direct voor infra bedoeld zijn, verlicht het Kosovo wel in die mate dat hun eigen geld daar allicht meer op ingezet kan worden.

Daarnaast zijn zowel EBRD, EIB als Wereldbank betrokken bij de verschillende projecten, zowel weg als spoor. Dit zijn natuurlijk leningen (op gunstige voorwaarden) dus in die zin worden ze uiteindelijk door de belastingbetaler opgehoest.

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » ma 13 mei 2019, 10:35

Coen Tunnel schreef: zo 12 mei 2019, 21:52
ntom schreef: zo 12 mei 2019, 19:51 The section from Kaçanik to Hani i Elezit is impressive indeed. The scenery is amazing. Only a couple of days left before we can witness it firsthand.
Will the whole section between Doganaj and Han I Elezit be opened this year? Is it really just a matter of a couple of days?

I'm planning to go to Kosovo in September, if the R6 is opened around that time I want to drive it. :)
You are most welcome, it opens on the 29th of May.
jelger schreef: ma 13 mei 2019, 0:20 Kosovo krijgt flinke donorgelden uit de EU en VS (USAID). De EU gelden uit het IPA-II programma bedragen zo'n 700 miljoen voor 2014-2020. Is vooral bedoeld voor rechtstaat ontwikkeling (maar ook capacity development, UNDP zaken) maar voor zover deze donorgelden niet direct voor infra bedoeld zijn, verlicht het Kosovo wel in die mate dat hun eigen geld daar allicht meer op ingezet kan worden.

Daarnaast zijn zowel EBRD, EIB als Wereldbank betrokken bij de verschillende projecten, zowel weg als spoor. Dit zijn natuurlijk leningen (op gunstige voorwaarden) dus in die zin worden ze uiteindelijk door de belastingbetaler opgehoest.
I was merely illustrating the fact that we have built our roads with our own funds. In total north of 2 billion euros in this decade alone. I was not complaining that the EU has not given a hand, like it has done with others in this area, because a lot has to do with incompetent administrations in Kosovo. In actuality, in recent years, there has been an increased interest (partly because of Berlin Process) and WBIF has granted a couple of millions for the studies of R7 to Merdare and R6b to Pejë. And in addition, it has granted a sizable grant for the modernization of the main north-south train line.

And, sure, external grants have helped but that is only a part of the story. The fact is that, because the government has had the road network as a priority, as a means to speed-up economic growth, the rest of the sectors have suffered dearly. Take Health Care for example, where the budget is 1/10 of that of the Infrastructure (300 million EUR) today, and only a third of that are on capital expenditures. It's not sustainable.

All in all, we will have a decent road network by the turn of the decade but it has to give way to better-targeted spending in the coming decade imo. This will be a problem if the current caste of politicians continue to be in power because targeted spending and better services don't really bring more votes from their electorate. Eh, all hope has not been lost, yet.

Anyway, sorry for a bit of OT, if it bothers someone.

Coen Tunnel
Voorzitter

Bericht door Coen Tunnel » ma 13 mei 2019, 11:08

Thanks for the information ntom!

Vegi
verkeersader

Bericht door Vegi » ma 13 mei 2019, 11:26

This was exactly the information I was looking for, and it was the answer I expected to see.

Perhaps the government does a good job focussing on infrastructure first to speed up economic growth, but doing so in spite of everything else is a bit ... much, maybe.

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » wo 15 mei 2019, 20:38

A short video showcasing R6 section through the Kaçanik Gorge.
Link
Source

Coen Tunnel
Voorzitter

Bericht door Coen Tunnel » wo 15 mei 2019, 21:56

^^ Nice! 8-) I'm already looking forward to my holiday in September. As I don't want to drive directly from Serbia into Kosovo (because I want to travel further to Albania that would mean an unofficial exit from Serbia) I have planned to travel from Belgrade to Skopje, and from there to Pristina. So I'll drive the complete stretch of the R6 from the Macedonian border to Pristina. :)

Chris

Bericht door Chris » wo 29 mei 2019, 20:57

Het resterende deel van de R6 is vandaag geïnaugureerd en rond 17 uur opengesteld voor het verkeer. Dit is een 17 kilometer lang traject tussen Doganaj en Hani i Elezit.

De grensovergang met Noord-Macedonië is nog niet gereed omdat er aan Macedonische zijde nog geen aanvang is gemaakt met de bouw van de snelweg naar Skopje. Verkeer maakt dus nog gebruik van de oude grensovergang.

>> http://www.mit-ks.net/sq/lajme/arben-xh ... -qarkullim

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » za 01 jun 2019, 21:08

Motorway and dual carriageway map for June 2019

Changes from June 2018:
  • R6: Doganaj - Hani i Elezit 18.2 km , open to traffic
  • N9: Zahaq - Pejë 6.7 km, open to traffic
  • N2: Lumadh - Gojbulë 9.8 km, u/c
  • N9.1: Rakovinë - Gjakovë 16.2 km, u/c
  • A couple of smaller segments

Afbeelding

List of motorway and dual carriageway segments as of June 2019:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Palance
4x5 autosnelweg
Contacteer:

Bericht door Palance » zo 02 jun 2019, 8:02

What about the R108, the (new) road from Dečani to Plav (MNE)?
"You know the greatest danger facing us is ourselves, an irrational fear of the unknown. But there’s no such thing as the unknown — only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood.” - James T. Kirk

Autosnelwegen.net

ntom
zandpaadje

Bericht door ntom » zo 02 jun 2019, 11:05

To avoid confusion: R108 is a single carriageway road, with two lanes. The first segment of 14.51 km should be ready by next year, while procurement for the remaining 12.58 km is almost over and construction should begin soon.

It will be a nice mountainous road but it will climb quite high at 2184 m. This will make it the highest paved road. I'm not sure if it'll stay open throughout the year though.

We're spending quite less than initially planned on this road, around 8 million euro as opposed to 50 million. I don't have a project in my hand but I'm certain that that involved a tunnel on both sides of the border to bring the quote to a more manageable level of around 1650 m and quite an improved alignment. It was supposed to be the superior alternative to both the R106 and N9 roads to Montenegro, but alas, with the current project I'm not sure it will.

Plaats reactie