[DK] Denemarken - Denmark - Danmark

Plaats om over de Europese snelwegen buiten Nederland, België, Duitsland en Frankrijk te discussiëren.
Discussions on motorways in Europe

Moderator: Moderatoren

Kaaiman
Secretaris
Contacteer:

Re: [DK] Denemarken - Denmark - Danmark

Bericht door Kaaiman » di 09 okt 2007, 16:40

Ah Brande... daar ben ik zo'n 4 jaar geleden nog geweest. :)

Er is daar ook een windturbinefabriek (Bonus), dus misschien heeft die wel een vinger in de pap gehad bij de aanleg van de snelweg. De randweg van Brande is overigens een ongelijkvloerse autoweg. :)
Deur Drenthe • website over het Drentse provinciaal en rijkswegennet
@DeurDrenthe • volg het Drentse wegennieuws op Mastodon

Hajo
2x3 autosnelweg

Bericht door Hajo » vr 12 okt 2007, 16:10

Ik ben in 2000 in Denemarken en Zweden geweest. Het wegbeeld op de foto's komt me daarom bekend voor. 8-)

In Denemarken moeten motorvoertuigen ook overdag dimlicht voeren, net als in de andere scandinavische landen.

snelwegracer
autoweg
Contacteer:

Bericht door snelwegracer » vr 12 okt 2007, 21:20

^^
http://picasaweb.google.nl/ASWchris/E45 ... 7009513154
Dat maakt dit bord wel duidelijk op deze foto.
Neem eens een kijkje op mijn forum 8-) Het forum over Transporttycoon. :).

Chris

Bericht door Chris » wo 30 apr 2008, 20:29

Verkeersintensiteiten rond København. Vergeleken met Nederland vrij rustig.

Afbeelding

Het drukste punt telt 101.300 voertuigen per etmaal.

Chris

Bericht door Chris » wo 07 mei 2008, 14:15

De Denen weten het beestje bij de naam te noemen:
Afbeelding

Coen Tunnel
Voorzitter

Bericht door Coen Tunnel » vr 09 mei 2008, 10:00

:rofl2:

Hij is leuk!

Chris

Bericht door Chris » di 23 sep 2008, 15:26

De E20/E47 is naar 2x4 rijstroken verbreedt. Intensiteit: 90.000 mvt/etmaal.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Willem
2x4 autosnelweg

Bericht door Willem » di 23 sep 2008, 19:06

Was die verbreding nodig, gezien de intensiteit? In Nederland werken we dat soort aantallen op een 2x3 of misschien zelfs wel 2x2 weg af.

Chris

Bericht door Chris » di 23 sep 2008, 19:12

Ik denk dat er wel redelijke spitsstromen zijn, die hele kust vanaf Kopenhagen tot Køge is één rij met dure suburbs. De drukste weg in Denemarken heeft amper 100.000 voertuigen per etmaal. Spitsuur schijnt daar nog echt een "uur" te zijn, in plaats van 6 - 10 en 15 - 19 in Nederland.

Rene
4x5 autosnelweg
Contacteer:

Bericht door Rene » di 23 sep 2008, 20:44

En zo hoort het eigenlijk ook te zijn.
Blijkbaar hebben de Denen nog voldoende gezond verstand.
Dat benepen Nederlandse gedoe...

Chris

Bericht door Chris » di 23 sep 2008, 21:01

De verkeersintensiteiten. Køge ligt helemaal onderaan, daar splitsen de E20 en E47 zich.

88,7 is bijvoorbeeld 88.700 mvt/etmaal.

Afbeelding

detail København:
Afbeelding

Alfa
2x4 autosnelweg

Bericht door Alfa » wo 24 sep 2008, 21:33

Klopt het dat enkel het deel tussen afrit 27 en de daaropvolgende verkeerswisselaar als viervaksbaan uitgevoerd is (zo'n anderhalve kilometer)?

Chris

Bericht door Chris » wo 24 sep 2008, 22:27

Tussen KP Køge - Afrit 28 2x3
Afrit 28 - Afrit 29 2x4
Afrit 29 - KP Ishøj 2x5

Op termijn moet wel de hele dubbelnummering E20/E47/E55 2x4 worden.

marcel
2x2 autosnelweg
Contacteer:

Bericht door marcel » do 09 okt 2008, 20:24

Chris schreef:Tussen KP Køge - Afrit 28 2x3
Afrit 28 - Afrit 29 2x4
Afrit 29 - KP Ishøj 2x5
De tweede sectie is onderdeel van de eerste dus ik vermoed dat je de knooppunten verwisseld hebt.

Kaaiman
Secretaris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kaaiman » do 30 okt 2008, 23:37

Het is over de (snel)wegen heerlijk rijden in en op Kopenhagen. Stroomt over het algemeen vrij goed door, ook binnen de stad. Natuurlijk heb je ook hier wel een paar vertragingspunten, maar door de bank genomen rijdt het lekker door. :)

Chris

Bericht door Chris » vr 31 okt 2008, 8:33

Ik heb wel eens in de file gestaan in Kopenhagen hoor ;) Maar dat viel wel mee, was 's middags van Kopenhagen naar Roskilde. Kopenhagen heeft nogal wat voorsteden in die regio liggen.

duikgek89
2x3 autosnelweg

Bericht door duikgek89 » vr 31 okt 2008, 17:45

File kan je toch nooit helemaal voorkomen.
Belangrijk is dat er meestal een goede doorstroming is. Als er dan eens file staat door een ongeluk, extreem slecht weer, werkzaamheden of iets in die geest is niet zo erg, al moet het wegennet dan niet door het hele land vast lopen zoals hier in NL...

Chris

Bericht door Chris » do 04 dec 2008, 10:49

Er schijnt nu ook eindelijk een besluit te zijn over de snelweg 15, de Herningmotorvejen tussen Herning en Arhus. Bij Silkeborg mist nog een stuk en daar schijnt nu een beslissing over genomen te zijn. Momenteel moet al het doorgaande verkeer nog dwars door Silkeborg, een stadje van 42.000 inwoners.

Chrismo1
zandpaadje

Bericht door Chrismo1 » do 29 jan 2009, 13:58

I'm sorry to post here in English, but I'm Danish, and although I do understand most of the Dutch written in this Forum, I'm not capable of expressing myself in Dutch. I see that there is quite some discussion going on in this forum regarding the short Danish motorway entrance ramps and the rules for right of way at motorway entrances.

In Denmark, the authorities have chosen to use so-called tapered ramps since the mid 70'ies instead of parallel ramps used in most of Europe. The reason for this was to get a more free flow into the motorway instead of having the danger of cars being unable to merge into the motorway in heavy traffic. Another problem with the parallel ramp is the "ramp-overtaking" problem which is solved using tapered ramps instead of parallel ramps. The problem occurs when more vehicles are entering the motorway in a row. When there is a gap in the motorway traffic, the last car of the row is tempted to enter the motorway first and overtake the vehicle(s) on the ramp front of him, blocking his way to the motorway. This problem is solved with the tapered ramp, it's always the first car which gets to enter the motorway first.

The rules for right of way is the so-called merging rule (just like the reissverschluss in German): there is no absolute priority. The vehicle which arrives first at the merging point (either a vehicle on the motorway itself or on the ramp) has the priority over vehicle behind him on the other lane. The vehicles behind him on the other lane is obliged to let in the vehicle in front by reducing his speed to make the necessary gap in the traffic. If the ramps are designed correctly (and most are, but not all) it works very well.

Ramps on older motorways from the 60'ies are built as parallel ramps, and although the geometry of the ramps are unchanged, the road surface markings have been changed so that there is only one entry point at the end of the ramp. These ramp works de facto as tapered ramps. Very few older ramps are so short that they cannot fuction as merge ramps, here the triangle sign (give way) is put up, and incoming traffic has to give way for motorway traffic.

Rene
4x5 autosnelweg
Contacteer:

Bericht door Rene » do 29 jan 2009, 15:09

Welcome, Chris.

When traffic is really dense like in greater parts of the Netherlands, having intapering sliproads is just waiting for an accident to happen between traffic on the motorway and traffic from te sliproad. A parallel mergerlane of 275m gives inmerging traffic the option of finding the right gap, while not hindering through traffic.
Right-overtaking on mergerlanes is not prohibited. Only when congestion appears right-overtaking of inmerging traffic is being seen as not social minded and capacity reducing; that problem however has seriously been reduced by double lines in the first part on such a mergerlane, like here.

Chris

Bericht door Chris » do 29 jan 2009, 15:16

I've travelled on my share of Danish Motorvejen, and I noticed most of these merging lanes don't give any problems. However, I noticed they don't really work in urban areas, I saw waiting lines for the traffic lights at the end of the ramp beginning already on the shoulder, I especially noticed this in Odense on the E20. I didn't notice this problem in København, although I did drive there during rushhour (got stuck in a traffic jam on route 21 to Roskilde).

Chrismo1
zandpaadje

Bericht door Chrismo1 » do 29 jan 2009, 17:05

This problem is related to the exit ramp and is indeed very dangerous. The ramp fills up because of too low capacity on the intersection at the end of the ramp and the exiting traffic flows out on the motorway itself, where motorist suddently encounter a row of stopped cars. Seen almost every day on exit 2 of route 19 southwards. People have wisely, although in principle illegaly started to use the emergency lane as an unofficial extension of the exit ramp.

duikgek89
2x3 autosnelweg

Bericht door duikgek89 » vr 30 jan 2009, 0:37

Although I have not been in Denmark since I was a young child, I still think that the Tapered Ramp that you have is not the right solution.

One of your arguments is that with tapered ramps it is easy to merge into heavy traffic. I think that this is a problem because when a lot of cars want to enter the motorway the traffic on the motorway has to slow down, and when one has to brake just a little, the driver behind him has to brake more, and every next driver will have to brake more than the driver in front, which can cause a traffic jam. In my opinion the traffic on the motorway should not have to worry about traffic that wants to enter the motorway.

I disagree with your argument that drivers can not merge into heavy traffic. If a driver is really unable to do so, then he/she should not have a driving license. When you learn to merge correctly it is very easy to build up speed, look for the right gap and go in there.
When the traffic jam is not moving at all you can also use the Kazakh way, just put the nose of your car between the other cars, so that you block the car on you left/back and you can go in front of him. :shutup: Okay, I have to admit that most drivers don't like that :oops:

Chris

Bericht door Chris » vr 30 jan 2009, 8:18

duikgek89 schreef: One of your arguments is that with tapered ramps it is easy to merge into heavy traffic. I think that this is a problem because when a lot of cars want to enter the motorway the traffic on the motorway has to slow down, and when one has to brake just a little, the driver behind him has to brake more, and every next driver will have to brake more than the driver in front, which can cause a traffic jam. In my opinion the traffic on the motorway should not have to worry about traffic that wants to enter the motorway.
Denmark is not the Netherlands with overloaded motorways...

Kaaiman
Secretaris
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kaaiman » vr 30 jan 2009, 10:01

In DK zie je vaak dat bij een Motorvej met 2 rijstroken en er komen 2 bij van een afrit of knooppunt, dat er dan eentje moet invoegen en de snelweg tijdelijk verder gaat met 3 rijstroken, vaak voor een kilometer. Andersom geldt dat ook: als er twee rijstroken gaan uitvoegen, zie je vaak dat een kilometer van tevoren de weg een 3e rijstrook erbij krijgt.
Zo ook bij de knooppunten E45/E20 bijvoorbeeld.

In DK you frequently see a motorway with 2 lanes and 2 other lanes coming in from a ramp or something. Only the left-hand lane of the ramp has to merge, the right-hand lane continues as 3rd lane of the motorway, for about a kilometer.
In opposite it's the same: when 2 lanes exit the motorway, you will notice a 3rd lane for about a kilometer beforehand.
Examples of this are the interchanges E45/E20.
(My (technical) English is not very well, so I hope you'll understand it)

Chrismo1
zandpaadje

Bericht door Chrismo1 » vr 30 jan 2009, 10:49

duikgek89 schreef:I disagree with your argument that drivers can not merge into heavy traffic. If a driver is really unable to do so, then he/she should not have a driving license. When you learn to merge correctly it is very easy to build up speed, look for the right gap and go in there.
When the traffic jam is not moving at all you can also use the Kazakh way, just put the nose of your car between the other cars, so that you block the car on you left/back and you can go in front of him. :shutup: Okay, I have to admit that most drivers don't like that :oops:
I think one of the main reasons was to prevent motorists on the entry ramps to overtake other motorists on the same ramp by "stealing" a gap in traffic before the gap reaches the first car. When the geometry is correct, it works. but when the ramp geometry is bad, it feels indeed quite dangerous. An example of bad geometry is from Jægersborgvej (exit 7) down onto route 19 northwards. This place is indeed horrible.

duikgek89
2x3 autosnelweg

Bericht door duikgek89 » vr 30 jan 2009, 11:05

When it is not so busy the gaps are big enough. Then the first car should watch his mirror and when the car behind him is going he can go too.

But I should do this sometime in practice. Maybe it is better as I think it is.

Rene
4x5 autosnelweg
Contacteer:

Bericht door Rene » vr 30 jan 2009, 11:45

Chrismo1 schreef:I think one of the main reasons was to prevent motorists on the entry ramps to overtake other motorists on the same ramp by "stealing" a gap in traffic before the gap reaches the first car.
Oh jesus no.
"Social-politically correct motorway design".

What's the problem of someone taking a better option when merging ? :dontknow:
As long as traffic safety is not in danger, why bother ???

I'm a bit allergic of "you may not do so, just because of"... :kots:

Pino
4x3 autosnelweg
Contacteer:

Bericht door Pino » vr 30 jan 2009, 12:02

I guess late merging is also taboo in Denmark, because it is not politically correct. And probably no one bothers that late merging actually helps preventing traffic jams.

Chrismo1
zandpaadje

Bericht door Chrismo1 » vr 30 jan 2009, 13:11

Yes, when two lanes on a motorway merge to one (eg. because of constructions), most people start merging away from the closed lane several kilometres before the meging point which makes the congestion even worse, well as soon as they see the first sign, or even before that if know the road well. I have several times seen lorries driving in the middle of the road across both lanes in these situations just to prevent others from overtaking in the empty lane. AArghh! :booooos:

Plaats reactie