Road signs on the highway

Hier kan gediscussieerd worden over juridische aspecten van het wegverkeer

Moderator: Moderatoren

donfrulli
zandpaadje

Re: Road signs on the highway

Bericht door donfrulli » ma 08 nov 2021, 22:33

Hello all,

I thought I will share the court's decision with you.
https://imgur.com/QeZPKV7
https://imgur.com/P3BzcQE
https://imgur.com/ns4fUbW

It seems it is still not over. I might end up going to Strasbourg.

If I understand Google translator well, their reasoning was that the A2 sign only cancelled the 90 in a way that the previous sign is valid. Am I right?

If you have any other suggestions, proof I could write in my appeal, I would appreciate that if you could share it with me.

Attietattie
2x4 autosnelweg

Bericht door Attietattie » ma 08 nov 2021, 23:53

What a bunch of morons! This really pisses me off!
donfrulli schreef: ma 08 nov 2021, 22:33If I understand Google translator well, their reasoning was that the A2 sign only cancelled the 90 in a way that the previous sign is valid. Am I right?
Yes, you are right. And they are not.
donfrulli schreef: ma 08 nov 2021, 22:33If you have any other suggestions, proof I could write in my appeal, I would appreciate that if you could share it with me.
What proof do you need? The sign A2 means 'end of speedlimit', period!

You could use roadworks as an example. Usually the speedlimit is lowered step by step. So first you will see 90, then 70 and probably thereafter a sign A2-70. According to their conclusion, you should drive 90 all the way, which is complete nonsense.

I think in 'the temporary traffic management bible', it is even mentioned. I have no time to look it up now though. Will try to do so, asap. Feel free to remind me in 1 or 2 days.
'De beste verkeersdrempel is vriendelijkheid' - Loesje

Jeff
autoweg

Bericht door Jeff » ma 08 nov 2021, 23:58

Your appeal will be handled in Arnhem, if you decide to appeal.
Actually, there's a small error - the limit signs are placed at KM 12,8 RE not KM 12,7 RE ("vormfout"). That could be a reason to cancel to ticket.
However: If the police officer decides to send you a correction, then you're back at square one

Long story short:
At km 12, x RE you should have seen the :A1-100: and :A1-120: (where did you enter the A76?)

The cancel sign is only with a 90 in the grey and therefore not cancelling the :A1-100:.
If the 90 in grey was missing, you would be right. But it is not there.

Verdict is that you still need to pay for the ticket.

In Dutch:
Heren, op basis de video zie ik alleen een einde 90. Comform regelgeving valt de limiet terug naar de laatst geldende limiet.

Op dat moment was :A1-100: de limit.

Deutsch:
Es tut mich leid zu sagen aber die richtige Tempolimit war 100 km/h. Tempo 90 wird annulliert mit "Ende 90", nicht "Ende alles" - -

duikgek89
2x2 autosnelweg

Bericht door duikgek89 » di 09 nov 2021, 4:35

Yes, your interpretation of their letter is right.

In the RVV appendix 1 it is written that the A02 sign cancels the speedlimit. It is not written anywhere that it cancels only the previous limit. Cancellation of the speed limit therefore can only mean returning to the general limit for the stretch of road you are on. Maybe Attietattie can formulate this in a better way.
TOEVOEGING
Furthermore, as far as I know the policy in recent years is to cancel a speed limit not with :A02: or :F08:, but with an A1-whatever. According to that policy, a :A1-130: should have been placed here to have the same effect as the :A02: or an :A1-100: to obtain the desired effect.
I do not have in my mind now where this is written and if there is any official documentation on this that is strong enough to bring to the court. Maybe someone else knows, otherwise i'll look after work.
I do not know whether to get angry or to feel ashamed. This totally shows the complete incompetence, unfairness and lack of humanity present in the dutch government and justice system. Please appeal. Please fight.
Laatst gewijzigd door duikgek89 op di 09 nov 2021, 4:56, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.

duikgek89
2x2 autosnelweg

Bericht door duikgek89 » di 09 nov 2021, 4:50

Jeff schreef: ma 08 nov 2021, 23:58The cancel sign is only with a 90 in the grey and therefore not cancelling the :A1-100:.
If the 90 in grey was missing, you would be right. But it is not there.
Can you back this up? Where is it written that this is the correct interpretation?
I got my license in the Netherlands, i got a truck and trailer license in the Netherlands. I've read the RVV. I interpret this the same as the topic starter and I would have made the same decision, except that I would be using the flitsmeister app and, if warned, slow down for the check just to be sure because I learned my lesson about the shithole we are living in.

Steyn_E
autoweg

Bericht door Steyn_E » di 09 nov 2021, 10:43

Volgens mij is de interpretatie dat een :A2: teruggrijpt op de vorige snelheid incorrect. Dat betreft alleen de digitale variant :F9: dus als je dat bord tegenkomt op een 24/7 100 wegvak blijft de vMax 100. Bij een :A2: zou dat 130 zijn.

waldo79
2x5 autosnelweg

Bericht door waldo79 » di 09 nov 2021, 10:54

Is er ergens een memorie van toelichting te vinden bij de desbetreffende artikelen, dan is wat duidelijker wat de wetgever bedoeld heeft met die tijdelijke snelheidsbeperkingen.

Attietattie
2x4 autosnelweg

Bericht door Attietattie » di 09 nov 2021, 15:16

^^ The text below is about temporary speedlimits. This text has been copied from the CROW 96a.
3.8.1 Tijdens de werkzaamheden

Gepubliceerd op: 29-06-2020
Alle bij een verkeersmaatregel tijdelijk ingestelde geboden en verboden, ingesteld in de inleidende ruimte, dienen te worden beëindigd zodra zij niet meer van toepassing zijn. In de meeste gevallen is dit op of direct voorbij de plaats waar het werkvak eindigt.
Als er in de reguliere situatie geen snelheidsbeperking geldt, wordt alleen een vast bord F8 (einde voor alle door verkeersborden aangegeven verboden) voorbij het einde van het werkvak aan de rechterzijde van de rijbaan geplaatst of wordt op de verkeerssignalering boven de rijstroken bord F9 (einde van alle op een elektronisch signaleringsbord aangegeven verboden) weergegeven.

Gelden er in de reguliere situatie geboden en verboden (zoals een snelheidsbeperking of inhaalverbod), dan dienen die bij het einde van het werkvak opnieuw te worden ingesteld (bijvoorbeeld een maximumsnelheid van 100 of 120 km/h of een inhaalverbod voor vrachtwagens).
Dienen alleen één of enkele tijdelijke geboden of verboden te worden beëindigd, dan kan ook gebruikgemaakt worden van de specifiek voor deze geboden of verboden van toepassing zijnde eindeborden. Dit geldt niet wanneer er in de reguliere situatie een snelheidsbeperking geldt. De reguliere maximumsnelheid dient in dat geval direct ingesteld te worden met het bord A1.
It couldn't be more clear. 8-)

I hope you understand it donfrulli. If not, feel free to ask. It is impossible to loose this one, when you show them this text. :top:

boe!
2x5 autosnelweg

Bericht door boe! » di 09 nov 2021, 18:10

Jeff schreef: ma 08 nov 2021, 23:58 Actually, there's a small error - the limit signs are placed at KM 12,8 RE not KM 12,7 RE ("vormfout"). That could be a reason to cancel to ticket.
Het bord staat bij 12,770. Als je afrondt is het 12,8, als je afkapt is het 12,7. Jij weet 100% zeker dat er is afgerond en er niet is afgekapt?

Hajo
2x3 autosnelweg

Bericht door Hajo » di 09 nov 2021, 22:54

I only stumbled upon this topic just now. As a former police officer, I am astonished to hear that the judge ruled against you. :o

Attietattie has found the correct article, see his post from 15.16 hours.

This is exactly what I was thinking: sign :F8: cancels ALL previously by other signs mentioned regulations which stipulate an illegal act, like e.g. no overtaking, INCLUDING a fixed maximum speed. If the maximum speed has to be reinstated, this must be done by an (50 as an example) :A1: sign. See Attietattie's picture earlier in this post, which clearly shows a :F8: AND an :A1: sign. That is the only and correct way.

I strongly recommend you to appeal, mentioning article CROW 96a. Good luck!
Donateur Vereniging Wegenforum

Piles
autoweg

Bericht door Piles » wo 10 nov 2021, 10:03

Attietattie schreef: di 09 nov 2021, 15:16 It is impossible to loose this one, when you show them this text. :top:
And that's exactly the idea at the kantonrechter (where wet-Mulder is setteld): the judge does not search for the truth. You need to bring your own arguments, facts and laws (as well as the counterparty). The judge then decides who has the best story ;)

This is a (big) difference with the criminal law (politierechter): innocent until proven otherwise.

My English isn't that well, so I kept it short :dyn_hyp:

donfrulli
zandpaadje

Bericht door donfrulli » zo 21 nov 2021, 18:06

Thank you everyone for all the help. I cannot be more grateful for your continuous support. I needed some time to clear my head as I was past 1 year with this topic. This afternoon however I wrote the letter which will be sent tomorrow to the judge.
I asked for a compensation as well for the gas and stuff... I will keep you informed.

Attietattie
2x4 autosnelweg

Bericht door Attietattie » wo 01 dec 2021, 15:43

donfrulli schreef: zo 21 nov 2021, 18:06I cannot be more grateful for your continuous support.
Here's some more! :D

Check this document (PDF). For as far as I know, it is still current. I am sure it is still being used: https://puc.overheid.nl/PUC/Handlers/Do ... ienummer=1

It says a temporary speedlimit in case of slippery tarmac, can not be ended with the use of a :A2: or :F8: if the speed is permanent limited.

Jeroen
2x2 autosnelweg

Bericht door Jeroen » wo 01 dec 2021, 17:25

Sinds wanneer is dit een Engelstalig forum geworden?

Palance
4x5 autosnelweg

Bericht door Palance » wo 01 dec 2021, 17:41

Sinds er daarvoor een uitzondering is gemaakt in de forumregels:
1.7 Taalgebruik
De voertaal is Algemeen Nederlands.
Het gebruik van andere talen dan het Nederlands is niet toegestaan. Voor Engels, Duits en Frans geldt een uitzondering voor buitenlandse forumgebruikers die de Nederlandse taal niet beheersen en voor reacties van andere forumgebruikers op hun berichten.
"You know the greatest danger facing us is ourselves, an irrational fear of the unknown. But there’s no such thing as the unknown — only things temporarily hidden, temporarily not understood.” - James T. Kirk

Autosnelwegen.net

Snelwegfreak
Hoofdmoderator

Bericht door Snelwegfreak » wo 01 dec 2021, 17:42

Dat we op het Wegenforum ook klaar staan voor mensen die onze taal niet machtig zijn, maakt het nog geen Engelstalig forum.
Enne gojje mins blieft altied leave.

H_BD
dorpsstraat

Bericht door H_BD » di 18 jan 2022, 11:00

Attietattie schreef: wo 01 dec 2021, 15:43 Check this document (PDF). For as far as I know, it is still current. I am sure it is still being used: https://puc.overheid.nl/PUC/Handlers/Do ... ienummer=1
Interessant document. De volgorde van de borden (dwz de plaats van het onderbord) op de onderste afbeelding op pagina 7 is bijzonder. Die suggereert mi dat je zelf moet concluderen of er sprake is van spoorvorming, en als daar geen sprake van is mag je vanaf daar 130km/u.

Attietattie
2x4 autosnelweg

Bericht door Attietattie » di 18 jan 2022, 11:38

H_BD schreef: di 18 jan 2022, 11:00De volgorde van de borden (dwz de plaats van het onderbord) op de onderste afbeelding op pagina 7 is bijzonder.
Heb ik al opmerkingen over gemaakt. Zelf vond diegene dat het toch allemaal klopt.
H_BD schreef: di 18 jan 2022, 11:00Die suggereert mi dat je zelf moet concluderen of er sprake is van spoorvorming, en als daar geen sprake van is mag je vanaf daar 130km/u.
Dat klopt niet.
Bij voorkeur wordt de reden van een vastgestelde maximumsnelheid bij een gevarenpunt zichtbaar gemaakt door bord A1 te combineren met een bord of onderbord dat de aard van het gevaar of het belang van de maximumsnelheid aangeeft.
Feitelijk zou het onderbord onder beide verkeersborden moeten hangen. Twee onderborden dus.